Monday, January 5, 2009

Post from the Home Land Part II...

We were packing my oldest sister's stuffs yesterday (well, it's more like my mom who's packing everything while we all just sit around on the bed watching...hehehe...). My sister don't really have so many stuffs to be packed since she'll be leaving many of her clothes here. She's planning to stay in this house in the case that her soon-to-be husband has to be away for work. Hahahaha. She sure has thought of everything.

I went to her soon-to-be home (the apartment) a few days ago. Honestly, if I had to stay there for a long time, I wouldn't like it very much unless that apartment is remodeled. Since everything in that apartment uses the standard design and materials, you could just tell that they are going with the idea of "let's not spend so much money in each of the models." The floor is using those tiles that you can find in public restrooms (those white medium size tiles that have matte textures). My dad wanted to remodel the apartment for my sister, but she refused to have it remodeled (not because she likes it but because it's just a temporary home for her until she finds her own house to buy). The layout of the apartment is terrible. The living room is so dark because not enough light can get into the apartment with the current layout. The bedroom is probably the only room that I truly like. The bathroom is the worst. Honestly, I think my maids' bathroom is probably much better than that bathroom. There is absolutely no space to hang dry clothes (my sister is planning to bring her clothes home every week to be washed. Hahahaha.). And the kitchen...oohhh don't make me start on the kitchen. That gotta be the worst kitchen I've ever seen. THERE'S NO STOVE INSTALLED!!!! She has to buy her own table-top stove and install it herself. Ck ck ck...that's such a major turn-off. She also needs to buy her own fridge. Ck ck ck...Well, maybe I'm so used to the standards in the states that I'm just so surprised with what they provide you in the apartments here in Indo.

Anyways...gotta go now to help my mom re-dye her hair to cover all of the highlights.

No comments: