Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Post from the Home Land Part I...

I don't particularly blog anymore, but since everyone (my sisters and dad are working today), I'm kind of left alone at home with nothing to do (I already finished giving bath to both of my dogs, too!!). And because I'm in Indo right now, some of the expressions will be in Indo because it's sometimes hard to express "Jakartan" words or phrases into English...

DISCLAIMER: If you are to pass this point, you are assumed to have agreed to bear with the length of it no matter how boring or nonsense it is. No financial charges will be applied to the readers (Hihi ngejayus dikit).

I've been at home for exactly 2 weeks now and here are the things that I have noted:

HOUSE
My new house feels a little too big for me (maybe because I have been living in a tiny-teeny-little apt back in the states). It has been upgraded in terms of technology, too!! All the TVs are LCD HD TVs (except for my maid's) that are at least 37" (again, except for my maid's). There are 4 TVs "installed" in total, including my maid's (there is another one that's still in the box and another one in my room that is not connected to cable or even plugged in for that matter). But we're only using 3. The phone system is now an intercom system so that my maids don't need to scream for our names whenever someone call. They only need to press the transfer button followed by the transfer code for the room they are transferring the call to. Too "High-tech" for my taste. Skarang kalo mau manggil bokap yg lagi di kamar, tinggal pake telp buat ngomong. Alhasil jarang banget ke lantai 2 since kamar gue di lantai satu. Ck Ck Ck...jadi males semua...

DAD
Nothing much has changed from my dad, except for his age of course. He's still short-tempered at times but still loves to give some lame jokes or to make any intelligent conversation with any of his daughters. He said that he had retired (since he had received his pension) but he refused to stop working. Confusing, isn't it? He still goes to work (with or without pay). Apparently, the person who's supposed to be his replacement wants my dad to stay working because he doesn't think he's ready to be my dad's replacement. My dad's boss(es) also hasn't settled with the contract to prolong my dad's stay to work. They want my dad to stay but hasn't settled with the amount of pay or work to give to my dad to be written in the contract. All of my dad's underlings are so stressed out with the fact that my dad might stop being their boss. Therefore, my dad decided to keep going to work until there's a good time for everybody to finally let him go and be independent of him. My dad now calls himself as "chairman" because he's the man who sits on his chair and do nothing but observe. Hahaha...

MOM
Mom is still the same. Easily stressed out especially because of the wedding (therefore, barked and nagged a lot when it got too stressful), but still lovable and huggable. She still hates the fact that I'm much taller, which makes her look so short whenever I walk side-by-side with her. She now likes to throw some lame jokes here and there. Here's an example:

Me: Lis, kamu kalo ke Madison nanti cici bawa kamu makan sushi di Chicago (my lil' sis loves sushi more than anything). Itu ada appetizernya kalo kamu makan rasanya meleleh di mulut.
Mom: Meleleh???!!! Ngga bisa makan donk kalo mulut kamu meleleh (while giving the trademark grin).
Me: Ma...LAMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!


Dunno blajar dari mana bisa ampe sejayus itu. She now refused to pay for the stuffs I buy (except for food) because she has created an account at an Indo bank for me. Therefore, I have to use the money from that bank if I want to buy stuffs. *sigh*. In summary, still love her very much because cuman nyokap yg bersedia meminjamkan bahu dan pahanya buat gue tidur (especially pahanya buat tidur siang kalo lagi pengen lengket ama nyokap...hihihi...). She's now a little regretful about her hair. She went to the salon yesterday to have her hair colored. The hair stylist convinced her to get it highlighted, so she did. Hahahaha. And now she's very regretful and wanted to re-dye her hair to cover all the highlights. Hahahahaha.

OLDEST SIS
She's getting married this Saturday. She's more frustrated than excited in my opinion. Too many things to do and there's too many changes in the original plan all because of the incompetent-slash-greedy-money-making hotel's organizer. I have been accompanying her to places to help here and there and it was very exhausting (although I have a very small part in all of the activities). She sure can't wait to get it over with so that she can finally relax. She's no longer playing a "mister-nice-guy" role when she's facing all the vendors. I guess the term "crazy brides" actually doesn't mean that they are acting crazy and controlling, but simply because they just had enough with all the planning that they tend to bark a lot. Well, her misery almost ends (it will end this saturday or this sunday to be exact). Well, I got the chance to spend so many time with her. From chatting in the afternoon or at night to going to dinners with her and her future spouse. My future brother-in-law is now as chatty as ever. My sister has warned me so many times before that he's a very chatty person. Hahahaha. It's a good thing that I now get to see most of his sides. He sure can eat a lot although he's very skinny. Once we ate dinner together at a seafood restaurant (me, my lil' sis, my oldest sis and him). All of us ate just one small bowl of rice that my oldest sis and I can't even finish. He ate THREE bowls of rice. Ck ck ck...men...they can eat and eat without gaining any weight. He and my sis have been paying for my lil sis' and my miscellaneous expenses (dinners, movies, and karaoke nights). I guess I should buy them better presents for next year.

SECOND SIS
This one sure doesn't know how to change. Although she's not as cranky as before, she's still not too communicative with us (and by "us", I mean her own family). I still don't spend too much time with her, especially with her being in her room most of the time playing game. She lives on the second floor, too. Her room is right next to my parents' room while the rest of us has room on the first floor. She doesn't join us whenever we hang around together in my lil sis's room. We only spent time together when we're playing with the doggies (go figure!). Well, we (her and I) did play a little prank on my lil sis yesterday. So, the doggies are allowed to play inside the house but not in any of the bedrooms. Pupu was hanging around in the living room yesterday. It was quite warm as usual so my lil sis turned on the air-con in her room. My second sis decided to go inside her room to cool herself down, but Pupu tends to follow us around whenever we go somewhere. So, my sis and I just kinda made this evil telephatic plan to take Pupu inside my lil sis's room. We both go into my lil sis's room with Pupu following us from behind and we let him enter the room.

L: Jangan!! Nanti papa marah kalo tau Pupu masuk kamar. Kamar gue lagi!!!
Me and C: Hihihihi. Makanya masuknya kamar kamu jadi kamu yg kena marah. Hihihihi.
L: Ih, jahat!! (while she starts hugging Pupu)
C: Kalo papa nanya kenapa Pupu di sini, cici tinggal jawab: "ini kan kamar Lisa therefore dia yg bawa masuk" Hihihihi.
Me: Lagipula melihat dari segala evidencenya (sambil ngeliat si Lisa lagi gendong Pupu in her own room), sepertinya semua evidence pointing ke kamu. Hahahahaha.
L: Oh, no!!
And then I went out of the room because I heard my dad's steps getting closer to the room.
Dad: Kalian abis ngapaen? Ngumpul di kamar Lisa? (Setelah mencari2 anak2nya ilang semua. Ga ada yg di living room.)
Me: Iya, lagi maen2 di kamar Lisa. Hehehe.
L: Manda!!! (Keluar kamar buru2 tanpa memegang Pupu tapi ga lama kemudian Pupu keluar).
Dad: Kok Pupu masuk kamar kamu!!!!!!!!
Me and C: (KABURRRRRRRRRRR tinggalin Lisa...)


My poor lil' sis. It's a good thing my dad wasn't in a bad mood. Hihihihi. I, so far, only dined out with my second sis for several time. This one time we dined out for lunch with my mom. We went to the mall to have lunch. My mom told my sis to pay for our lunch because she hasn't officially treated me to any lunch or dinner for that matter. The both of them kept going back and forth trying to convince each other to pay for the lunch. It was quite funny and entertaining to see them do that for minutes. So, we went to eat at the food court. The total cost for our lunch was approximately Rp 133.000,-. After lunch, my sis dragged my mom to the body shop because she needed to buy a lip gloss. While she was picking out the lip gloss she wanted to buy, my mom was picking out the eyebrow pencil that she wanted to buy. When my mom was ready to pay for the pencil she was buying, my sis hurried up giving my mom the lip gloss she wanted so that my mom would be the one paying for it. After paying for it, my mom checked the receipt as usual. Then she realized that the lip gloss costed Rp. 129.000,-. "Ini mah sama aja mama yg bayar lunchnya donk???" (while half laughing when she realized that she was just fooled by her own daughter). My sister just gave her a victory sign and grinned even wider.

LIL' SIS
My lil' sis is still the same. I can't say that she's more mature because she always acted like a child in front of me. Maybe because it's kind of an automatic response kind of thing. We go everywhere together. I spent most of my time here with her. She's a little bummed that I'm leaving soon (especially with the fact that the only sister left at home would be my second sis...hahaha...). Whenever we went out together, our hands were always locked together. If I let go of her hand, sooner or later dia bakalan gandeng tangan gue lagi. She said she kind of got used to it. Hahahahaha. So adorable. She's been quite drawn to chinese language lately (probably because she's been watching taiwanese dramas). Unfortunately, her tones are all wrong so she's been quite an entertainer for all us. She likes to say things that doesn't even make sense in Chinese. The only person who could understand what she's saying is me (probably because I spent too much time with her already). Alhasil slalu jadi translator deh. I also found out that she lovessssssss brownies. Hahahaha. She simply can't get enough of it. Alhasil di rumah selalu ada satu kotak brownies tersedia khusus buat dia. She still drinks her milk every morning just like when she's a little kid. Still pretty picky with her food. She doesn't like eating fish but the fish for sushi or sashimi is totally acceptable for her. Isn't she just weird? She prefers raw fish rather than the cooked one. She likes watching japanese dramas just like me and likes to say things in some Japanese words or phrases that she knows of. She eats quite a lot for a super skinny girl. She finished one whole loyang of martabak manis tipis with keju all by herself. Can you believe that??? I can only eat 2 small pieces. She ate setengah porsi kerang bakar all by herself while the other half was eaten by my soon-to-be brother-in-law. Ck ck ck...not to mention that my dad told me that she ate setengah bebek for dinner in Australia. And by stengah, I meant bener2 one whole bebek dipotong jadi dua. Satu keluarga ampe shock dengernya. Mana bebek di Aussie kan gede and gendut. Ck ck ck... In summary, my lil' sis is sure as cute as ever. Always joking around with me. I can be my "error" self whenever I'm with her.

DOGGIES
Dee-Dee has sure matured up a bit. She's not as playful and as selfish as she was in the past. I guess having puppies changed her a bit. She's more responsible and very protective of her puppies. She's a pretty good disciplinarian, too!! I didn't get to see 3 of her other puppies, but from the stories I heard, she was looking for her puppies for days when they were taken away from her. Poor Dee-Dee. She now only have one puppy left. I guess she's pretty thrilled to have other dog to play with. We, humans, can't provide the same game she would like to play with other dogs. She likes to wrestle with her puppy (but the wrestling always involves biting and that's why we can't play that game with her. I don't think any of us want to bite her. Hahahaha...). Dee-Dee still follows us everywhere we go. When we go out for a stroll outside, she would follow us and stop and wait if she's getting a little too far ahead of us. She unfortunately forgets about her puppy when she's out on a stroll. Although she would immediately run towards her puppy when he calls for her, she would not wait and stop for her puppy when she's on a stroll (Pupu likes to make several stop when he's out on a stroll. And what I meant with a "stop" is not marking territories and all, but simply setting his butt down on the street and taking a rest.)

Pupu, although he's very energetic when playing with his tennis ball or with his mom, is one very lazy and spoilt dog. Hahahahahaha. The way he would make himself lie down is by pushing his butt backward so that he would slide into the position. Hahahahahaha. His butt sure loves the ground so much. His rear feet doesn't like to make him sit properly. It's always on a split position so that he could slide down easier. Hahahahaha. Such a lazy dog. We like to carry him around since he's still small. Dee-Dee is already a little too heavy for us to carry around (I should know since I'm the only who still carry her around occassionaly). Pupu is like the baby in the family. Everyone pampers him so much. We do baby talks with him. My dad always thinks that Pupu is just like a human baby. Soalnya kalo digendong trus banyak org around dia ngomong, dia kaya suka liat sana liat sini ngikutin suaranya just like a human baby. Bedanya dia bisa jalan sendiri walaupun sering digendong. He always follows his mom everywhere. Dipisahin dikit dari Dee-Dee langsung nangis and manggil2 mamanya. Bener2 kaya bayi. I bought him a tennis ball last week and it became his favorite toy. He still doesn't understand the concept fetch but he's still better than his mom. Kalo Dee-Dee dibawa balik aja uda mujizat trus kalo mau diambil malah dibawa lari, Pupu at least masih bawa balik once in a while dan kalo diambil gampang. One thing about Pupu yg masih cukup troublesome itu adalah dia itu masih suka pipis sembarangan. He still pees inside the house unlike Dee-Dee yg uda house-trained. Uda gitu Pupu galak and spoilt. Kalo dia mau apa and kita ga kasih, langsung deh gonggong marah2. Trus kalo dibiarinin, langsung sulking di bawah kursi ato meja ato ngga sulking di blakang kursi. Trus ngambek aja terus sampe dikasih bola ato apa gitu. Ck ck ck...bener2 gampang ngambek. Hari jum'at ini bakalan dibawa ke vet to get his first immunisasi. Hahahahaha. Kita liat dia nangis ga disuntik. Dulu Dee-Dee ga nangis sih cuman takut ama dokternya aja. Hahahahaha. I already gave him a bath twice so far (Punya anjing 2 lebih gampang bau). Setiap kali mandi nangis and minta dipeluk. Alhasil selalu basah satu badan deh gue kalo mandiin. Uda gitu nangis minta tolong mamanya, Dee-Dee cuman bisa ngeliatin doank and jilat snoutnya in that case. Hahaha. Trus kalo Dee-Dee dimandiin dan dia liat, dia juga nangis ngeliat mamanya dimandiin. Hahahahaha. Luucccuuuunyaaaaaaa...

Well, my stomach is growling already. I'll continue my post tomorrow. If you read this post 'til this point, I applaude you. Hahahahahahaha...

No comments: